[gpfsug-discuss] DB2 (not DB2 PureScale) and Spectrum Scale

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 10 11:29:13 BST 2021

Hi Wally,

I don't see a dedicated document for DB2 from Scale document sets, however,
usually the workloads of database are doing direct I/O, so those
documentation sections in Scale for direct I/O should be good to review.
Here I have a list about tunings for direct I/O for your reference.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/zh/spectrum-scale/5.1.1?topic=fpo-configuration-tuning-database-workload

https://www.ibm.com/docs/zh/spectrum-scale/5.1.1?topic=applications-considerations-use-direct-io-o-direct

https://www.ibm.com/docs/zh/spectrum-scale/5.1.1?topic=mfs-using-direct-io-file-in-gpfs-file-system

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.