[gpfsug-discuss] du --apparent-size and quota

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 2 15:12:52 BST 2021

Hi,
The data and metadata replications are 2 on both source and destination
filesystems, so from:

$ mmrepquota -j srcfilesys | grep fileset
srcfileset FILESET         800        800        800          0     none |
863       0        0
        0     none

$ mmrepquota -j dstfilesys | grep fileset
fileset root       FILESET         457        400        400          0
none |      853       0
       0        0     none

the quota data should be changed from 800G to 457G (or 400G to 228.5G),
after "rsync -AHS".

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.