[gpfsug-discuss] du --apparent-size and quota

Dugan, Michael J dugan at bu.edu
Wed Jun 2 13:22:55 BST 2021

Do you have sparse files on the first filesystem? Since the second filesystem
has a larger blocksize than the first one, the copied file may not be sparse on the
second filesystem. I think gpfs only supports holes that line up will a full filesystem
block.

--Mike Dugan

--
Michael J. Dugan
Manager of Systems Programming and Administration
dugan at bu.edu
http://www.bu.edu/tech