[gpfsug-discuss] General Introduction

Owen Morgan owen.morgan at motionpicturesolutions.com
Wed Jan 27 17:14:45 GMT 2021

Hi Everyone,

First off thanks for this user group existing! I've already watched a load of the great webinars that were uploaded to YouTube!

My name is Owen Morgan and I'm currently the 'Archivist' at Motion Picture Solutions in the UK. MPS is a post-production and distribution facility for the major studios and a multitude of smaller studios. Their main area of operation is mastering and localisation of feature films along with trailer creation etc.. They also then have a combined Hard drive and Internet based distribution arm that can distribute all that content to all cinemas in the UK and, with a huge number of growing partners and co-investors, globally as well.

My role started of primarily as just archiving data to tar based LTO tapes, but in recent times has moved to using Spectrum Scale and Spectrum Archive and now to pretty much managing those systems from a sysadmin level. Recently MPS invested in a Spectrum Scale system for their content network, and again, I'm starting to take over management of that both on a ILM perspective and actively involved with maintenance and support.

Enough about me.

I have a 'first question' but will send that over separately over the next day or so to stop this email being a novella!

Thanks and nice to meet people!

Owen.
[Sent from Front]

Owen Morgan
Data Wrangler
Motion Picture Solutions Ltd
T:
E: owen.morgan at motionpicturesolutions.com | W: motionpicturesolutions.com
A: Mission Hall, 9-11 North End Road, London, W14 8ST
Motion Picture Solutions Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under number 5388229, VAT number 201330482