[gpfsug-discuss] Disk in unrecovered state

Iban Cabrillo cabrillo at ifca.unican.es
Tue Jan 12 14:32:23 GMT 2021

Dear,
Since this moning I have a couple of disk (7) in down state, I have tried to start them again but after that they change to unrecovered.
These "failed" disk are only DATA. Both pool Data and Metadata has two failures groups, and set replica to 2. The Metadata disks are in two different enclosures one for each filure group. The filesystem has been unmounted , but when i have tried to run the mmfsck told me the I should remove the down disk
[root at gpfs06 ~]# mmlsdisk gpfs2 -L | grep -v up
disk driver sector failure holds holds storage
nsd18jbod1 nsd 512 2 No Yes to be emptied unrecovered 26 data
nsd19jbod1 nsd 512 2 No Yes ready unrecovered 27 data
nsd19jbod2 nsd 512 3 No Yes ready down 46 data
nsd24jbod2 nsd 512 3 No Yes ready down 51 data
nsd57jbod1 nsd 512 2 No Yes ready down 109 data
nsd61jbod1 nsd 512 2 No Yes ready down 113 data
nsd71jbod1 nsd 512 2 No Yes ready down 123 data

Any help is welcomed.
Regards, I