[gpfsug-discuss] Mmapplypolicy with -I defer doesn't sort resulting list? Is this by intention?

IBM Spectrum Scale scale at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 9 10:55:45 GMT 2021

Hi Billich,

I think the problem is that you are specifying --choice-algorithm fast and
as per documentation "The fast choice method does not completely sort the
candidates by weight."
To sort the list you can try specifying --choice-algorithm exact which is
also the default.

Regards, The Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team

If you feel that your question can benefit other users of  Spectrum Scale
(GPFS), then please post it to the public IBM developerWroks Forum at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000479.

If your query concerns a potential software error in Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
and you have an IBM software maintenance contract please contact
1-800-237-5511 in the United States or your local IBM Service Center in
other countries.

The forum is informally monitored as time permits and should not be used
for priority messages to the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) team.