[gpfsug-discuss] Question on changing mode on many files

Alec anacreo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 22:03:39 GMT 2021

How am I just learning about this right now, thank you!  Makes so much more
sense now the odd behaviors I've seen over the years on GPFS vs POSIX
chmod/ACL.  Will definitely go review those settings on my filesets now,
wonder if the default has evolved from 3.x -> 4.x -> 5.x.

IBM needs to find a way to pre-compile mmfind and make it supported, it
really is essential and so beneficial, and so hard to get done in a
production regulated environment.  Though a bigger warning that the
compress option is an action not a criteria!

Alec