[gpfsug-discuss] New RFE! Add option to gpfs.snap that takes case number and uploads snap data to IBM automatically

Andrew Beattie abeattie at au1.ibm.com
Sat Apr 10 02:02:24 BST 2021

Ryan,

There are 2 parts to call home,
The spectrum scale Software call home and the IBM ESS hardware call home l.

The software call home should work regardless of hardware platform.
However it will not pull the detail of the hardware, you will need to
upload hardware logs separately.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Apr 2021, at 07:02, Ryan Novosielski <novosirj at rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
> If I’m not mistaken, you can’t use Spectrum Scale Call Home at all except
on ESS, is that right? If so, that excludes anyone on Lenovo GSS/DSS-G,
though they do have IBM support.

|---------------------------*O*---------------------------
> ||_// the State     |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
> || \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS
Campus
> ||  \\    of NJ     | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630,
Newark
>     `'
>
>> On Apr 9, 2021, at 4:57 PM, Mathias Dietz <MDIETZ at de.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bryan,
>>
>> Spectrum Scale already has a feature to upload gpfs.snap to IBM support
and attach it to a ticket using a single command.

>> To upload the gpfs.snap to IBM Service run the following command
(requires Spectrum Scale Call Home to be enabled) :
>> mmcallhome run SendFile --file <snap file> --pmr  <Support ticket number
TSxxxxxxxxx>

>> When using the Spectrum Scale GUI you can collect a gpfs.snap and upload
it to IBM support through a single GUI panel too:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/spectrum-scale/5.0.5?topic=issues-collecting-diagnostic-data-through-gui

>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
>>
>> Mathias Dietz
>>
>> Spectrum Scale RAS Architect
>> Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
>> Dept. M925 - IBM Spectrum Scale Software Development
>>
>> Phone:
>> +49-15152801035
>> Am Weiher 24
>>
>> Email:    mdietz at de.ibm.com            65451 Kelsterbach
>>
>> IBM Data Privacy Statement
>> IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Pillen
>> Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Stuttgart, HRB 243294

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=149787

>> Just think of the collective time saved from having to manually upload
data once the gpfs.snap is collected for support.