[gpfsug-discuss] Strategies for keeping GPFS copy for Disaster Recovery

David Johnson david_johnson at brown.edu
Wed Apr 7 18:10:56 BST 2021

We plan to use rsync to keep a DR copy of our filesystem. The production filesystem contains
hundreds of dependent fillets and a much smaller number of independent filesets.

A question for any of you folks out there with a similar situation:
do you synchronize filesets in parallel on the DR copy?  If so, how do you handle day-to-day fileset create/delete?
I looked to see if there was a user exit script that could be called on fileset create, but did not see any.

Thanks,
 -- ddj
Dave Johnson