[gpfsug-discuss] Checking if a AFM-managed file is still inflight

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Mon Sep 21 11:57:30 BST 2020

tspcacheutil <file path>, this command provides information about the
file's replication state. You can also run policy to find these files.

Example:

tspcacheutil /gpfs/gpfs1/sw2/1.txt
inode: ino=524290 gen=235142808 uid=1000 gid=0 size=3 mode=0200100777
nlink=1
       ctime=1600366912.382081156 mtime=1600275424.692786000
       cached 1  hasState 1  local 0
       create 0  setattr  0  dirty 0  link 0  append 0
pcache: parent ino=524291 foldval=0x6AE011D4 nlink=1
remote: ino=56076 size=3 nlink=1 fhsize=24 version=0
        ctime=1600376836.408694099 mtime=1600275424.692786000

Cached - File is cached. For directory, readdir+lookup is completed.
hashState - file/dir have remote attributes for the replication.
local - file/dir is local,  won't be replicated to home or not revalidated
with home.
Create - file/dir is newly created, not yet replicated
Setattr - Attributes (chown, chmod, mmchattr , setACL, setEA etc..)  are
changed on dir/file, but not replicated yet.
Dirty - file have been changed in the cache, but not replicated yet. For
directory this means that files inside it have been removed or renamed.
Link - hard link for the file have been created, but not replicated yet.
Append - file have been appended, but not replicated yet. For directory
this is complete bit which indicates  that readddir was performed.

~Venkat (vpuvvada at in.ibm.com)