[gpfsug-discuss] Short-term Deactivation of NSD server

Saula, Oluwasijibomi oluwasijibomi.saula at ndsu.edu
Fri Sep 4 17:03:17 BST 2020

Hello GPFS Experts,

Say, is there any way to disable a particular NSD server outside of shutting down GPFS on the server, or shutting down the entire cluster and removing the NSD server from the list of NSD servers?

I'm finding that TSM activity on one of our NSD servers is stifling IO traffic through the server and resulting in intermittent latency for clients. If we could restrict cluster IO from going through this NSD server, we might be able to minimize or eliminate the latencies experienced by the clients while TSM activity is ongoing.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Oluwasijibomi (Siji) Saula

HPC Systems Administrator  /  Information Technology

Research 2 Building 220B / Fargo ND 58108-6050

p: 701.231.7749 / www.ndsu.edu<http://www.ndsu.edu/>

[cid:image001.gif at 01D57DE0.91C300C0]