[gpfsug-discuss] Mounting filesystem on top of an existing filesystem

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Thu Nov 19 17:34:05 GMT 2020

I would not mount a GPFS filesystem within a GPFS filesystem. Technically
it should work, but I’d expect it to cause surprises if ever the lower
filesystem experienced problems. Alone, a filesystem might recover
automatically by remounting. But if there’s another filesystem mounted
within, I expect it will be a problem..

Much better to use symlinks.

  -jf

tor. 19. nov. 2020 kl. 18:01 skrev Caubet Serrabou Marc (PSI) <