[gpfsug-discuss] Question about the Clearing Spectrum Scale GUI event

Andi Nør Christiansen arc at b4restore.com
Thu Nov 12 17:33:01 GMT 2020

Hi Jay,

First of you need to make sure your system is actually healthy. Events that are not fixed will reappear.

I have had a lot of “stale” entries happening over the last years and more often than not “/usr/lpp/mmfs/gui/cli/lshealth –reset” clears the entries if they are not actual faults..

As Stefan says if the errors/warnings are shown in “mmhealth node show or mmhealth cluster show” they will reappear as they should. (I have sometimes seen stale entries there aswell)

When I have encountered stale entries which wasn’t cleared with “lshealth –reset” I could clear them with “mmsysmoncontrol restart”.

I think I actually run that command maybe once or twice every month because of stale entries in the GUI og mmhealth itself.. don’t know why they happen but they seem to appear more frequently for me atleast.. I have high hopes for the 5.1.0.0/5.1.0.1 release as I have heard there should be some new things for the GUI as well.. not sure what they are yet though 😊

Hope this helps.

Cheers
A. Christiansen