[gpfsug-discuss] Alternative to Scale S3 API.

Christian Vieser christian.vieser at 1und1.de
Mon Nov 2 13:44:50 GMT 2020

Hi Andi,

we suffer from the same issue. IBM support told me that Spectrum Scale
5.1 will come with a new release of the underlying Openstack components,
so we still hope that some/most of limitations will vanish then. But I
already know, that the new S3 policies won't be available, only the
"legacy" S3 ACLs.

We also tried MinIO but deemed that it's not "production ready". It's
fine for quickly setting up a S3 service for development, but they
release too often and with breaking changes, and documentation is
lacking all aspects regarding maintenance.

Regards,

Christian