[gpfsug-discuss] Scale 4.2.3.22 with support for RHEL 7.8 is now on Fix Central

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Thu May 14 15:22:25 BST 2020

On 14/05/2020 13:31, Flanders, Dean wrote:
> Hello, It is great, that RHEL 7.8 is supported on SS 4.2.3.22, when will
> RHEL 8.x be supported on GPFS SS 4.2.3.X?? Thanks, Dean

That would be never, 4.2.3 goes out of support in September.

Is 5.x supported in 7.8 yet? Some urgent upgrading of systems being
looked into right now and I would prefer to jump to 5.x than 4.2.3.22
and have to upgrade again. However needs must.

Oh and if you haven't yet I would recommend any HPC site revoking all
your users SSH keys immediately. To many users have been creating SSH
keys without passphrases and jumping from system to system. Several
sites in the UK are currently down and I understand it has effected
Germany too :-(

There are zero guesses to the origin of the hacks.