[gpfsug-discuss] Parse -Y command output

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Wed May 27 09:41:11 BST 2020

Hello,

I wonder if any python or bash functions exist to parse the output of mm-command's -Y format, i.e. colon-separated with HEADER rows. I would be nice to convert the output to a python list of named tuples or even better pandas dataframe.  I would like to access the  values by column name and row index. This would allow  to do quick scripts or  reports easily. Imagine using a jupyter notebook to dig into mmrepquota or mmlsdisk output, even doing charts, ..., easily.

I know the ReST interface does exisit, which I could call to get the data in Json format, but to parse the Y-format seems much less cumbersome and allows to collect the data at one time and process it later.

If you have other suggestions please let me know. What I would like to get:
A list of NSDs which shows the connection to vdisk-set. Vdisk, recovery group and ESS system for each NSD. To get this I need to merge at least two tables.
A list of user of fileset quota values highlighting those having non-default vaulues or close to the limit.
The ability to get the data quickly in an uniform way into some tool, preferably python, to do analysis or formatting.

Cheers,

Heiner