[gpfsug-discuss] Scale and Linux distros FAQ improvement

Carl Zetie - carlz@us.ibm.com carlz at us.ibm.com
Mon May 18 13:06:55 BST 2020

Inspired by the RHEL 7.8 compatibility issues (and some earlier incidents too), we have adopted a new practice for the Scale FAQ where we will list new distro releases explicitly with a note indicating if they are not yet supported. In the past we should say things like “7.7.xxx or later” for the supported release level, and not say anything at all about new OS releases until they were supported. That would cause confusion when 7.8 came along, since 7.8 is definitely later than 7.7.xxx... Hopefully this small change will help you with your admin.

Regards,

Carl Zetie
Program Director
Offering Management
Spectrum Scale
----
(919) 473 3318 ][ Research Triangle Park
carlz at us.ibm.com

[signature_565114115]