[gpfsug-discuss] Read-only mount option for GPFS version 4.2.3.19

Laurence Horrocks-Barlow laurence at qsplace.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 18:30:39 GMT 2020

Exporting the filesystem to the remove cluster as RO is an excellent
idea and works if all remote clients only need RO.

Alternatively (and I believe this is still the case) you can set the
"ro" filesystem mount option in the file
"/var/mmfs/etc/localMountOptions" or
"/var/mmfs/etc/localMountOptions.<YOURFSNAME>" on all nodes.

The issue with changing /etc/fstab is that in my experience GPFS has
been known to override it.

-- Lauz