[gpfsug-discuss] Gpfs Standar and JBOD enclosures

Iban Cabrillo cabrillo at ifca.unican.es
Mon Mar 9 11:48:45 GMT 2020

Dear,
We have a cluster with more than 1PB running Spectrum Scale Standar 4.2.3-9 version.

The filesystem that is running now is configured using a DAS systems with NSDs over a NetApp DDP (distributed raid 6).
These days have arrived to our hands a pait of JBOB (D3284) enclosures and 4 new servers, the idea is connect it in pairs by two 2 x (1 enclosure + 2 SAS servers).
Is there any way to add this enclosures to the actual Cluster using GNR (something similar) o this option is only available for GSS/ESS?
If GNR is not an option, Is there any other way to add this enclosures to the cluster keeping the redundacy (path/server)? Maybe one failure group by enclosure with data replica set to 2 (we will lost the 50% of the sapace)?

Regards, I