[gpfsug-discuss] Example /var/mmfs/etc/eventsCallback script?

Pavel Safre PSAFRE at de.ibm.com
Wed Jun 24 10:22:02 BST 2020

Hello Heiner,

you can find an example callback script, which writes an e-mail to the
storage admin after a specific event occurs in the slide 21 of the
presentation "Keep your Spectrum Scale cluster HEALTHY with MAPS":
https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/SSSD20DE-Keep-your-Spectrum-Scale-cluster-HEALTHY-with-MAPS.pdf

>> As there is just one script to handle all events  the script probably
should be a small  mediator that just checks if an event-specific script
exists and calls this asynchronously.

The script startup + the check must be quick.
The call in the case if the relevant event occurs, should be quick, but
does not have to, if we assume, that this only happens rarely.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Pavel Safre

Software Engineer
IBM Systems Group, IBM Spectrum Scale Development
Dept. M925

Phone:

Email:
psafre at de.ibm.com
 Am Weiher 24

 65451 Kelsterbach

IBM Data Privacy Statement
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Pillen
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294