[gpfsug-discuss] Change uidNumber and gidNumber for billions of files

Jim Doherty jjdoherty at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 01:56:45 BST 2020

 You will need to do this with chown from the  c library functions  (could do this from perl or python).   If you try to change this from a shell script  you will hit the Linux command  which will have a lot more overhead.     I had a customer attempt this using the shell and it ended up taking forever due to a brain damaged NIS service :-).

Jim