[gpfsug-discuss] Dedicated filesystem for cesSharedRoot

Caubet Serrabou Marc (PSI) marc.caubet at psi.ch
Thu Jun 25 11:31:55 BST 2020

Hi all,

I would like to use CES for exporting Samba and NFS. However, when reading the documentation (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_5.0.4/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r04.doc/bl1adm_setcessharedroot.htm), is recommended (but not enforced) the use of a dedicated filesystem (of at least 4GB).

Is there any best practice or recommendation for configuring this filesystem? This is: inode / block sizes, number of expected files in the filesystem, ideal size for this filesystem (from my understanding, 4GB should be enough, but I am not sure if there are conditions that would require a bigger one).

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Marc

Paul Scherrer Institut
High Performance Computing & Emerging Technologies
Marc Caubet Serrabou
Building/Room: OHSA/014
Forschungsstrasse, 111
5232 Villigen PSI