[gpfsug-discuss] rsync NFS4 ACLs

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Fri Jul 17 20:50:53 BST 2020

It was sent to inform others. Meant to write a bit more, but mistakingly
hit send too soon :-)

So, again. Starting with rsync v3.2.0 and backported to v3.1.2-9 in RHEL7,
it now handles NFS4 ACLs on GPFS. The syntax to get it working is:

  rsync -X --filter '-x system.posix_acl'

And it works on at least v3.5 filesystems and later. Didn’t try earlier
than v3.5.

  -jf