[gpfsug-discuss] gui_refresh_task_failed for HW_INVENTORY with two active GUI nodes

Markus Rohwedder rohwedder at de.ibm.com
Thu Jan 30 15:31:32 GMT 2020

Hello,

The GUI tasks which are not daily tasks will start periodically at a random
time.

The exception are daily tasks which are defined at fixed start times.
It seems this is the issue you are experiencing, as the HW_INVENTORY task
only runs once a day adn starts at identical times on both GUI nodes.
Tweaking the cache database  is unfortunately not a workaround as the hard
coded and fixed starting times will be reset for every GUI restart.

I have created a task to address this issue in a future release.
We could for example add a random delay to the daily tasks, or a fixed
delay based on the number of GUI nodes that are active.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Markus Rohwedder

Spectrum Scale GUI Development

 Phone:  +49 162 4159920       IBM Deutschland Research &
                              Development

 E-Mail: rohwedder at de.ibm.com  Am Weiher 24

                               65451 Kelsterbach

                               Germany