[gpfsug-discuss] gui_refresh_task_failed for HW_INVENTORY with two active GUI nodes

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 30 15:13:06 GMT 2020

Hello Uli,

Thank you. Yes, I noticed that some commands like 'ipmitool fru'  or 'rinv' take long or very long  on le systems- i've seen up to 7 minutes. I tried to reset the bmc with 'ipmitool mc reset cold' but this breaks the os access to ipmi, you need to unload/load the kernel  modules in the right order to fix - or reboot. I also needed to restart goconserver  to restore the console connection. Hence resetting the bmc is no real option for little-endian ESS server. I don't know yet whether the  bmc reset fixed anything.

So we'll wait for 5.3.5

Kind regards,
Heiner

--