[gpfsug-discuss] Mmbackup -- list files backed up by incremental run

Popescu, Razvan rp2927 at gsb.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 10 15:17:50 GMT 2020

__.  Yes, I've seen the recommendation in the docs, but failed to see an obvious advantage for my case.  I have 4 separate backup jobs (on the same client), for as many filesets, for which I can set separate schedules.  I guess (?) I could do the same with the TSM scheduler, but it was simpler this way in the beginning when I setup the system, and nothing pushed me to change it since... __

Razvan

--

On 1/10/20, 5:17 AM, "gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org on behalf of Jonathan Buzzard" <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org on behalf of jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk> wrote:

    On Thu, 2020-01-09 at 21:38 +0000, Popescu, Razvan wrote:
    > Hi Rafael,
    >
    > This looks awesomely promising,  but I can’t find the info your refer
    > here.
    > My SCHEDLOGNAME points to   /root/dsmsched.log     but  there is no
    > file by that name in /root.     I have the error and instrumentation
    > logs (dsmerror.log and dsminstr.log)  per their options, but not the
    > scheduler.
    >
    > Could it be because I don’t run mmbackup via the TSM scheduler ?!
    > (I run it as a cronjob, inside a little wrapper that takes care of
    > preparing/deleting a snapshot for it).    Must I run the scheduler to
    > log the activity of the client?

    That is not a "recommended" way to do a TSM backup. You should use a
    schedule where the action is command. See

    https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEQVQ_8.1.0/srv.reference/r_cmd_schedule_client_define.html

    and then set the command to be your script.