[gpfsug-discuss] Mmbackup -- list files backed up by incremental run

Popescu, Razvan rp2927 at gsb.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 9 21:38:02 GMT 2020

Hi Rafael,

This looks awesomely promising,  but I can’t find the info your refer here.
My SCHEDLOGNAME points to   /root/dsmsched.log     but  there is no file by that name in /root.     I have the error and instrumentation logs (dsmerror.log and dsminstr.log)  per their options, but not the scheduler.

Could it be because I don’t run mmbackup via the TSM scheduler ?!   (I run it as a cronjob, inside a little wrapper that takes care of preparing/deleting a snapshot for it).    Must I run the scheduler to log the activity of the client?

Thanks,

Razvan