[gpfsug-discuss] Does an AFM recovery stop AFM from recalling files?

Billich Heinrich Rainer (ID SD) heinrich.billich at id.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 20 15:20:46 GMT 2020

Hello,

Do AFM recalls from home to cache still work when a fileset is in state ‘Recovery’? Are there any other states that allow to  write/read from cache but won’t allow to recall from home? We announced to users that they can continue to work on cache while a recovery is running. But we got report that evicted files weren’t available. NFS did work, I could read the files on home via the nfs mount in /var/mmfs/afm/<filesystem>-<fsid>/. But AFM didn’t recall. If recalls are done by entries in the AFM Queue I see why, but is this the case?

Kind regards,

Heiner