[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS 5 and supported rhel OS

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 23:38:15 GMT 2020

On 20/02/2020 16:59, Skylar Thompson wrote:

[SNIP]

> We have this problem too, but at the same time the same people require us
> to run supported software and remove software versions with known
> vulnerabilities.

For us, it is a Scottish government mandate that all public funded
bodies in Scotland are Cyber Essentials Plus compliant. That's 10 days
from a critical vulnerability till your patched. No if's no buts, just
do it.

So while where are not their yet (its a work in progress to make this as
seamless as possible) frankly running unpatched systems for years on end
because we are too busy/lazy to validate a new system is completely
unacceptable.