[gpfsug-discuss] CANCELLED - Re: NEED VENUE [WAS Re: UPDATE Planning US meeting for Spring 2020]

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Wed Feb 19 19:31:36 GMT 2020

I believe we could do it at Rutgers in either Newark or New Brunswick. I’m not sure if that meets most people’s definitions for NYC-area, but I do consider Newark to be. Both are fairly easily accessible by public transportation (and about as close to midtown as some uptown location choices anyway). We had planned to attend the 4/1-2 meeting. Not sure what’s involved to know whether keeping the 4/1-2 date is a viable option if we were able to host.

We’d have to make sure we didn’t run afoul of any vendor-ethics guidelines. We recently hosted Ray Paden for a GPFS day, though. We had some trouble with remote participation, but that could be dealt with and I actually don’t think these meetings have that as an option anyway.

--
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'