[gpfsug-discuss] Thousands of CLOSE_WAIT IPV6 connections on CES

Leonardo Sala leonardo.sala at psi.ch
Fri Feb 21 14:14:49 GMT 2020

Dear all,

I was wondering if anybody recently encountered a similar issue (I found
a related thread from 2018, but it was inconclusive). I just found that
one of our production CES nodes have 28k CLOSE_WAIT tcp6 connections, I
do not understand why... the second node in the same cluster does not
have this issue. Both are:

- GPFS 5.0.4.2

- RHEL 7.4

has anybody else encountered anything similar? In the last few days it
seems it happened once on one node, and twice on the other, but never on
both...

Thanks for any feedback!

cheers

leo