[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS 5 and supported rhel OS (Ken Atkinson)

Carl Zetie - carlz@us.ibm.com carlz at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 20 16:41:59 GMT 2020

Ken wrote:
> It may be that some HPC users "have to"
> reverify the results of their computations as being exactly the same as a
> previous software stack and that is not a minor task. Any change may
> require this verification process.....

How deep does “any change” go? Mod level? PTF? Efix? OS errata?

Many of our enterprise customers also have validation requirements, although not as strict as typical HPC users e.g. they require some level of testing if they take a Mod but not a PTF. Mind you, with more HPC-like workloads showing up in the enterprise, that too might change…

Thanks,

Carl Zetie
Program Director
Offering Management
Spectrum Scale & Spectrum Discover
----
(919) 473 3318 ][ Research Triangle Park
carlz at us.ibm.com

[signature_510537050]