[gpfsug-discuss] Future of Spectrum Scale support for Centos

Carl Zetie - carlz@us.ibm.com carlz at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 9 14:02:27 GMT 2020

We don’t have an official statement yet, however I did want to give you all an indication of our early thinking on this.

Our initial reaction is that this won’t change Scale’s support position on CentOS, as documented in the FAQ: it’s not officially supported, we’ll make best effort to support you where issues are not specific to the distro, but we reserve the right to ask for replication on a supported OS (typically RHEL).

In particular, those of you using CentOS will need to pay close attention to the version of the kernel you are running, and ensure that it’s a supported one.

We’ll share more as soon as we know it ourselves.

Carl Zetie
Program Director
Offering Management
Spectrum Scale
----
(919) 473 3318 ][ Research Triangle Park
carlz at us.ibm.com

[signature_1774123721]