[gpfsug-discuss] RFE upvote request for "Change NSD Name" RFE

Bryan Banister bbanister at jumptrading.com
Tue Dec 1 19:00:12 GMT 2020

Hey all...

Hope all your clusters are up and performing well...

Got a new RFE (I searched and didn't find anything like it) for your consideration.  The ability to change the name of an existing NSD:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=147125

We embed information into the NSD name, which sometimes needs to be updated.  However there isn't a way to simply change the NSD name.  You can update the NSD ServerList, but not the name.  You can remove the NSD from a file system, delete it, then recreate with a new name and add it back into the file system, but there are obvious risks and serious space and performance impacts to production file systems when performing these operations.

Thanks!
-Bryan