[gpfsug-discuss] memory needed for gpfs clients

Renata Maria Dart renata at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 1 18:32:39 GMT 2020

Hi, some of our gpfs clients will get stale file handles for gpfs
mounts and it seems to be related to memory depletion.  Even after the
memory is freed though gpfs will continue be unavailable and df will
hang.  I have read about setting vm.min_free_kbytes as a possible fix
for this, but wasn't sure if it was meant for a gpfs server or if a
gpfs client would also benefit, and what value should be set.

Thanks for any insights,

Renata