[gpfsug-discuss] [External] Re: mmbackup

Jim Roche jroche at lenovo.com
Mon Aug 17 10:53:43 BST 2020

Simon is correct from that point of view.  If you can see it on your commercial.lenovo.com site then you are able to use it within your licensing  rules and that you are still compatible from a Spectrum Scale point of view.  The DSS-G specific tarballs (2.6a, 2.6b, 3.0, etc...) should be used exactly as is for deploying the DSS-G, but then normal Spectrum scale client/server compatibility follows.  The tarball will define what MUST run on the DSS-G NSDs, but after that you are free to download/use whichever client version you are entitled to  -- which should correspond to what is visible on the website to download.

Jim

Jim Roche
Head of Research Computing
University Relations Manager
Redwood, 3 Chineham Business Park, Crockford Lane Basingstoke Hampshire RG24 8WQ
Lenovo UK
+44 7702678579
jroche at lenovo.com

Lenovo.com
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Linkedin | YouTube | Privacy