[gpfsug-discuss] Tiny cluster quorum problem

Hannappel, Juergen juergen.hannappel at desy.de
Tue Aug 18 13:08:59 BST 2020

Hi,
on a tiny GPFS cluster with just two nodes one node died (really dead, cannot be switched on any more), and now I cannot remove it from the cluster anymore.
[root at exflonc42 ~]# mmdelnode -N exflonc41
mmdelnode: Unable to obtain the GPFS configuration file lock.
mmdelnode: GPFS was unable to obtain a lock from node exflonc41.desy.de.
mmdelnode: Command failed. Examine previous error messages to determine cause.

[root at exflonc42 ~]# mmlscluster
get file failed: Not enough CCR quorum nodes available (err 809)
gpfsClusterInit: Unexpected error from ccr fget mmsdrfs. Return code: 158
mmlscluster: Command failed. Examine previous error messages to determine cause.

Is there any chance to get this cluster up and running again or should I wipe it and create a new one from the remaining node?
There are no data on this cluster, it's a remote cluster to a storage cluster and has only compute clients....
--
Dr. Jürgen Hannappel  DESY/IT    Tel.  : +49 40 8998-4616