[gpfsug-discuss] DSS-G support period

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Mon Aug 3 12:32:47 BST 2020

I notice that there is now a 3.x version of the DSS-G software that is
based on RHEL8, which took me a bit by surprise as the ESS still seems
to be on RHEL7.

I did however notice that 2.6b which is still based on RHEL7 was
released after 3.0a.

So this brings the question how much longer will the 2.x/RHEL7 versions
of the DSS-G be supported? The reason being that the
installation/upgrade instructions for the 3.x software state that the
xCAT server must be running RHEL8, which more or less means a reinstall
which is a big task as it's also used to deploy the compute cluster.