[gpfsug-discuss] wait for mount during gpfs startup

Ulrich Sibiller u.sibiller at science-computing.de
Thu Apr 30 11:50:27 BST 2020

Am 28.04.20 um 15:57 schrieb Skylar Thompson:
  >> Have you looked a the mmaddcallback command and specifically the file system mount callbacks?

  > We use callbacks successfully to ensure Linux auditd rules are only loaded
  > after GPFS is mounted. It was easy to setup, and there's very fine-grained
  > events that you can trigger on:

Thanks. But how do set this up for a systemd service? Disable the dependent service and start it
from the callback? Create some kind of state file in the callback and let the dependent systemd
service check that flag file in a busy loop? Use inotify for the flag file?

Uli
--
Science + Computing AG
Dr. Martin Matzke