[gpfsug-discuss] wait for mount during gpfs startup (Ulrich Sibiller)

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 28 18:32:25 BST 2020

I’ve also voted and commented on the ticket, but I’ll say this here: If the amount of time I spent on this alone (and I like to think I’m pretty good with this sort of thing, and am somewhat of a systemd evangelist when the opportunity presents itself), this has caused a lot of people a lot of pain — including time spent when their kludge to make this work causes some other problem, or having to reboot nodes in a much more manual way at times to ensure one of these nodes doesn’t dump work while it has no FS, etc.

--
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'