[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale licensing - important correction

T.A. Yeep yeep at robust.my
Fri Apr 17 11:31:49 BST 2020

Hi Carl,

I'm confused here, in the previous email it was said *And for ESS, it
is licensed Per Drive with different prices for HDDs and SSDs.*

But then you mentioned in below email that:
But new customers and new OEM systems are *all licensed by Capacity. This
also applies to IBM's own ESS*: you can keep upgrading your old (if
hardware is supported) gen 1 ESS on Sockets, but if you replace it with *a
new ESS, that will come with capacity licenses*.

Now the question, ESS is license per Drive or by capacity?

.On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 4:25 AM Carl Zetie - carlz at us.ibm.com <

Best regards

*T.A. Yeep*Mobile: 016-719 8506 | Tel/Fax: 03-6261 7237 | www.robusthpc.com