[gpfsug-discuss] "csm_resync_needed" after upgrading to GPFS v5.0.4-2

Caubet Serrabou Marc (PSI) marc.caubet at psi.ch
Mon Apr 6 13:54:43 BST 2020

Hi Norbert,

thanks a lot for for answering.

The nodes are running RHEL7.7 (Kernel 3.10.0-1062.12.1.el7.x86_64). The previous version was 5.0.3-2.

I restarted mmsysmoncontrol (I kept usesharedlib=1 as this is RHEL). Restarting it, it cleans mmhealth messages as expected, let's see whether this is repeated or not but it might take several minutes.

Just add that when I had a mix of 5.0.3-2 and 5.0.4-2 I received some 'stale_mount' messages (from GPFSGUI) for a remote cluster filesystem mountpoints, but apparently everything worked fine. After upgrading everything to v5.0.4-2 looks like the same nodes report the 'csm_resync_needed' instead (no more 'stale_mount' errors seen since then). I am not sure whether this is related or not but might be a hint if this is related.

Best regards,

Marc

Paul Scherrer Institut
High Performance Computing & Emerging Technologies
Marc Caubet Serrabou
Building/Room: OHSA/014
Forschungsstrasse, 111
5232 Villigen PSI