[gpfsug-discuss] afmHashVersion

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Mon Apr 6 10:16:49 BST 2020

afmHashVersion=5 does not cause any performance degradation, this hash
version allows assigning a gateway for the fileset using mmchfileset
command.  This option is not required for AFM home cluster(assuming that
home is not a cache for other home). It is needed only at the AFM cache
cluster  and at client cluster if it remote mounts the AFM cache cluster.
For changing afmHashVersion=5, all the nodes in the  AFM cache and client
cluster have to be upgraded to the minimum 5.0.2 level. This option cannot
be set dynamically using -i/-I option, all the nodes in the both AFM cache
and client clusters have to be shutdown to set this option. It is
recommended to use 5.0.4-3 or later.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_5.0.2/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r02.doc/bl1adm_mmchconfig.htm

~Venkat (vpuvvada at in.ibm.com)