[gpfsug-discuss] afmRefreshAsync questions

Andreas Mattsson andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se
Thu Sep 26 10:55:45 BST 2019

Hi,

Due to having a data analysis software that isn't running well at all in our AFM caches, it runs 4-6 times slower on an AFM cache than on a non-AFM fileset on the same storage system, I wanted to try out the afmRefreshAsync feature that came with 5.0.3 to see if it is the cache data refresh that is holding things up.

Enabling this feature has had zero impact on performance of the software though.

The storage cluster is running 5.0.3.x, and afmRefreshAsync has been set there, but at the moment the remote-mounting client cluster is still running 5.0.2.x.

Would this feature still have any effect in this setup?

Regards,

Andreas Mattsson

[X]

Andreas Mattsson

Systems Engineer

MAX IV Laboratory
Lund University
P.O. Box 118, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Fotongatan 2, 224 84 Lund
Mobile: +46 706 64 95 44
<mailto:andreas.mattsson at maxiv.se>andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se<mailto:andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se>
www.maxiv.se<http://www.maxiv.se/>