[gpfsug-discuss] Inode reuse on AFM cache eviction

Andreas Mattsson andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se
Thu Sep 5 10:54:04 BST 2019

Hi,

Does anyone here know if cache eviction on a AFM cache also make the inodes used by the evicted files available for reuse?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if it is enough to have sufficient inode space in my cache filesets to keep the maximum expected simultaneously cached files, or if I need the same inode space as for the total amount of files that will reside in the home of the cache.

Regards,
Andreas Mattsson

[X]

Andreas Mattsson

Systems Engineer

MAX IV Laboratory
Lund University
P.O. Box 118, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Fotongatan 2, 224 84 Lund
Mobile: +46 706 64 95 44
<mailto:andreas.mattsson at maxiv.se>andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se<mailto:andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se>
www.maxiv.se<http://www.maxiv.se/>