[gpfsug-discuss] AMD Rome support?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 19:40:36 BST 2019

On 22/10/2019 17:30, Felipe Knop wrote:
> Jon,
>
> AMD processors which are completely compatible with Opteron should also
> work.
>
> Please also refer to Q5.3 on the SMP scaling limit: 64 cores:
>
>         https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY/gpfsclustersfaq.html

Hum, is that per CPU or the total for a machine? The reason I ask is we
have some large memory nodes (3TB of RAM) and these are quad Xeon 6138
CPU's giving a total of 80 cores in the machine...

We have not seen any problems, but if it is 64 cores per machine IBM
needs to do some scaling testing ASAP to raise the limit as 64 cores per
machine in 2019 is ridiculously low.