[gpfsug-discuss] Quotas and AFM

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 11 21:05:15 BST 2019

Do you know is there anything that prevents me from just setting the quotas the same on the IW cache, if there’s no way to inherit? For the case of the home directories, it’s simple, as they are all 100G with some exceptions, so a default user quota takes care of almost all of it. Luckily, that’s right now where our problem is, but we have the potential with other filesets later.

I’m also wondering if you can confirm that I should /not/ need to be looking at people who are writing to the at home fileset, where the quotas are set, as a problem syncing TO the cache, e.g. they don’t add to the queue. I assume GPFS sees the over quota and just denies the write, yes? I originally thought the problem was in that direction and was totally perplexed about how it could be so stupid. 😅

--
____
||_// the State     |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ     | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
    `'