[gpfsug-discuss] Quota via API anyway to avoid negative values?

Stephan Graf st.graf at fz-juelich.de
Mon Oct 7 08:22:02 BST 2019

Hi Kristi,

I just want to mention that we have a ticket right now at IBM because of
negative quota values. In our case even the '-e' does not work:
[root at justnsd01a ~]#‌ mmlsquota -j hpsadm -e largedata

                         Block Limits
|    File Limits

Filesystem type            KB     quota     limit  in_doubt   grace |
files  quota   limit in_doubt   grace Remarks

largedata FILESET -45853247616 536870912000 590558003200         0
none |       6 3000000 3300000       0    none

The solution offered by support is to run a 'mmcheckquota'. we are still
in discussion.

Stephan

On 10/4/19 10:53 PM, Kristy Kallback-Rose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a flag with mmlsquota to prevent the potential of getting
> negative values back:
>
> -e
> Specifies that mmlsquota is to collect updated quota usage data from all
> nodes before displaying results. If -e is not specified, there is the
> potential to display negative usage values as the quota server may
> process a combination of up-to-date and back-level information.
>

> However, we are using the API to collectively show quotas across GPFS
> and non-GPFS filesystems via one user-driven command. We are getting
> negative values using the API. Does anyone know the -e equivalent for
> the API?
>
> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.2.2/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r22.doc/bl1adm_gpfs_quotactl.htm
>
> Thanks,
> Kristy