[gpfsug-discuss] Question on CES Authentication - LDAP

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Mon Oct 28 14:02:57 GMT 2019

This relates to V 5.0.3.

If my CES server node has system defined authentication using LDAP, should I expect that setting my authentication setting of “userdefined” using mmuserauth to work? That doesn’t seem to be the case for me. Is there some other setting I should be using?

I tried using LDAP in mmuserauth, and that promptly stomped on my sssd.conf file on that node which broke everything. Any by the way, stores a plain text password  in the sssd.conf file just for good measure!

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance