[gpfsug-discuss] Slides from last US event, hosting and speaking at events and plan for next events

Kristy Kallback-Rose kkr at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 3 01:01:39 BST 2019

Hi all,

	The slides from the UG event at NERSC/LBNL are making there way here: https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/presentations/ <https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/presentations/> Most of them are already in place.

	Thanks to all who attended, presented and participated. It’s great when we have interactive discussions at these events.

	We’d like to ask you, as GPFS/Spectrum Scale users, to consider hosting a future UG event at your site or giving a site update. I’ve been asked *many times*, why aren’t there more site updates? So you tell me…is there a barrier that I’m not aware of? We’re a friendly group (really!) and want to hear about your successes and your failures. We all learn from each other. Let me know if you have any thoughts about this.

	As a reminder, there is an upcoming Australian event and 2 upcoming US events

Australia
— Sydney October 18th https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/spectrum-scale-user-group-at-ibm-systems-technical-university-australia/ <https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/spectrum-scale-user-group-at-ibm-systems-technical-university-australia/>

US
— NYC October 10th https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/spectrum-scale-nyc-user-meeting-2019/ <https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/spectrum-scale-nyc-user-meeting-2019/>
— SC19 at Denver November 17th - This year we will include a morning session for new users and lunch. Online agenda will be available soon. https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/spectrum-scale-user-group-meeting-sc19/ <https://www.spectrumscaleug.org/event/spectrum-scale-user-group-meeting-sc19/>

	Any feedback for the agendas for these events, or in general, please let us know.

Cheers,
Kristy